On Thursday 5th of September members of The American Shoulder & Elbow Surgeons (ASES), Travelling Fellows Mr Michael Freehill MD and Mr Uma Srikumaran MD visited UPMC Sports Surgery Clinic as guests of Ms Ruth Delaney, and Mr Hannan Mullett SSC.
As part of their visit, the visiting fellows gave a number of presentations on shoulder & elbow topics to SSC Shoulder Specialists and Physiotherapists.
Presentations were as follows:
- Michael Freehill, MD, University of Michigan.
- Can We Disrupt Rotator Cuff Disease Using a Collagen-Based Xenograft?
- Is Resection Arthroplasty Ever an Option?
- Uma Srikumaran, MD, Johns Hopkins University.
- The Use of an Interlocking Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Stem for Complex Proximal and Meta-diaphyseal Fractures of the Humerus.
- The Subacromial Balloon Spacer for Massive Rotator Cuff Tears: Early Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial comparing Balloon to Partial Repair.