Paediatric Orthopaedic surgery, Paediatric and adolescent sports injury, Minimally invasive hip surgery and hip replacement, Minimally invasive spinal surgery, Spinal deformity surgery (adult and paediatric).
• Undergraduate M.B. BCh BAO – UCC Cork 1993
• Postgraduate Irish Higher Surgical Training Scheme in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery 1999 – 2004
• Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery: The Children’s Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
• Fellowship in Spinal surgery 2005-2006: Centre for Spinal surgery, QMC, Nottingham, UK
• Consultant in Spinal surgery 2006: Centre for Spinal surgery, QMC, Nottingham, UK
• Consultant in Paediatric, Orthopaedic and Spinal surgery 2007: The Children’s Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
• Our Lady’s Childrens Hospital, Crumlin.
• AMNCH, Tallaght.
• Blackrock Clinic.
• Sports Surgery Clinic, Dublin.
- SS Ireland ( Spine Society of Ireland)
• Course Co-Director. Instructional Course Paediatric Orthopaedic surgery. Dublin, Ireland, October 2009.
• Faculty Instructor, MAST (Minimal Access Spinal Technology). Minimally invasive spinal surgery. Brussels, Belgium, May 2009.
• Faculty. MAST Users meeting. Vienna, Austria, November 2009.
• Course Co-Director RCSI Charter Day. Course in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery. Dublin, Ireland, February 2009.
• Faculty Instructor. MAST Laboratory Course. Leiden, Netherlands, February 2010.
M. Med Sc. 1991-1992, University College Dublin,
F.R.C.S. (Ire.) Conferred 11th July 1994.
F.R.C.S. (Eng.) Conferred 8th December 1994.
M.Sc. (Bioengineering) 1997-1998 Strathclyde University, Bioengineering Unit. Scotland.
F.R.C.S. (Tr. & Orth.) June 2003 (Intercollegiate specialty Boards in Trauma & Orthopaedics)
F.E.B.O.T. October 2003 (European Boards in Trauma & Orthopaedics, placed first)
A.C.G.M.E. Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedics, Atlanta Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia,
A.C.G.M.E. Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery of the Paediatric and Adult Spine, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin.
- Adelaide & Meath, National Children’s Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Coombe Women & Infant’s Hospital, Cork Street, Dublin 8
- Sports Surgery Clinic, Santry, Dublin 9
- Blackrock Clinic, Rock, Road, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
A.C.G.M.E. Accredited Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
A.C.G.M.E. Accredited Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery of the Paediatric and Adult Spine