SSC’s Sports Medicine department is hosting a series of GP workshops.
Title: ‘Hot topics in sports medicine’,
Date: Saturday 11th November,
Time: 9am to 1.30pm.
Location: SSC Sports Medicine, Unit C10, Gulliver’s Retail Park , Dublin 9.
Each workshop will cover a number of common clinical conditions and give an up to date, evidence based summary of anatomy, differential diagnosis, early management and referral pathways for rehabilitation. Each series will be accompanied by custom designed A5 summary cards for reference in your own practice, to take away.
This event consists of presentations by:
Dr Andy Franklyn-Miller, Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine, Director SSC Sports Medicine
• Low Back Pain: Rule of Red Flags then Start Loading
• First steps back from a Diagnosis of Plantar Fasciitis
Mr Colm Fuller, Head of Physiotherapy and Concussion Programme Lead
• Can you Rehabilitate Concussion?
Mr Sam Baida, Senior Physiotherapist, Hip and Groin Programme Lead
• Rehabilitation of Lateral Hip Pain – One Step at a Time
Ms Edel Fanning, Senior Physiotherapist, Shoulder Programme Lead
• How to navigate Shoulder Impingement
Mr Neil Welch, Head of Strength and Conditioning, Knee Programme Lead
• Strength Training is Key to Anterior Knee Pain Management
Dr Paul Dobbelaar, Consultant Sports & Exercise Medicine Physician
• A Multifaceted Approach to Achilles Tendinopathy management
|For further information please contact Fiona Roche on email@example.com or call 01 5262168.|