Below please find a selection of photographs from our Annual Sports & Exercise Medicine Conference ‘Running Injuries & Performance Symposium’ which took place in Santry in November.
This event saw a fantastic line up world-renowned speakers in the field of running injuries, biomechanics, footwear and performance congregate in Santry, Dublin. They presented to a full house of attendees with backgrounds in General Practice, Physiotherapy, Strength& Conditioning and those interested in improving performance in track and field sports from recreational athletes to elite performers.
Presenting at this event were the following:
- Dr Peter Weyand, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, USA.
- ‘Force, motion, speed: The Mechanical Basis of Sprint Running Performance’
- Dr Andy Franklyn Miller, Director of SSC Sports Medicine.
- ‘The Biomechanics of Compartment Syndrome’
- Grainne Donnelly, Absolute Physio, Fermanagh Ireland & Emma Brockwell, Halos Clinic Oxted, UK.
- ‘Returning to Running After Pregnancy’
- Dr JB Morin, Université Coted’Azur, Nice, France.
- ‘Sprint acceleration: shifting gears from individual performance to hamstring injury management’
- Dr Jurdan Mendiguchia, Zentrum Rehab & Performance, Spain.
- ‘Sprint mechanics as a major component of a multifactorial hamstring injury management’
- Dr Marlene Giandolini, Saloman, Annecy, France.
- ‘Reduction in soft-tissue vibration: How it can it help long-distance runners improve performance?’
- Rob Pope
- ‘Why the hell run across America (5 times)!!!’
- Colin Griffin, Strength & Conditioning Coach and Running Lead SSC.
- ‘Running and Achilles Injury’
- Frans Bosch, Fontys University, Eindhoven, Netherlands.
- ‘Self-organisation of running and its consequences’
- Prof. Dan Lieberman, Harvard University, Massachusetts, USA.
- ‘How we evolved to run and why it matters’
|For further information on this event please contact email@example.com|