Dear Colleagues & Patients,
We would like to inform you that our practice is now fully operational and we have resumed normal practice and surgical activity (with safety measures in place).
We continue to welcome referrals for patients suffering with knee and shoulder conditions.
Please visit our website for more information regarding referrals and if we can be of any assistance, please contact us directly at any time.
Cathal & Practice Team
Hospital for Special Surgery & Weil Cornell Medical College, New York
• Knee & Shoulder Sports Surgery Fellowship,
Antwerp Orthopaedic Centre, Antwerp, Belgium
• Cartilage Repair Visiting Fellowship, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Harvard Medical School
• Higher Surgical Training Programme in Orthopaedic Surgery,
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
• FRCS (Tr & Orth)
• MD, National University of Ireland, Galway (Research Doctorate)
• MB, BAO, BCh, NUI, Galway (Medical School Degree)
• BSc in Pharmacology, NUIG & University of California San Francisco
• PhD, Biological Augmentation / Tissue Engineering in Cartilage Repair
- European Society for Sports Traumatology and Knee Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- Irish-American Orthopaedic Society
- ESSKA DePuy Synthes Degenerative Joint Fellowship
- Biomet Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship
- International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS) & Zimmer Cartilage Travelling Fellowship
- The President’s Gold Medal, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- National Orthopaedic Residents Prize, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital (Joint Winner)
- National Specialist Registrar Academic Fellowship Programme
- Clinician-Scientist Training Award from HRB & HSE
- Prize Session Winner, Annual Meeting of Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland (ASGBI)
- First Place RCSI Basic Surgical Training Program
- Graduate Student Fellowship, University of California, San Francisco
- HRB Science Degree Scholarship for Medical Undergraduates
- Health Research Board Student Research Scholarship
- National Gold Medal in Pharmacology, Irish Universities
Arthroscopy. 2015 Feb 14. pii: S0749-8063(14)00976-1.
Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Review. 2015.
Accepted – PDF Copy Available from Authors.
Int Orthop. 2014 Sep;38(9):1937-44.