General Plastics, Breast Surgery, Hand Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery.
• Basic Surgical Training – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
• Master of Surgery Higher Degree; – investigating wound healing in a diabetic model.
• Higher Surgical Training – Irish National Training Programme in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
• Aesthetic Fellowship at the McIndoe Surgical Unit at East Grinstead, London.
• Clinical Hand Surgery Fellowship at The Royal Northshore Hospital, Sydney Australia.
• Current Appointments: Locum Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the Mater Misericordae Hospital.
• Surgical Internship. Tullamore General Hospital.
• General Surgery. St Lukes Hospital, Kilkenny.
• Waterford General Hospital, Waterford.
• Orthopaedic Surgery. Waterford General Hospital, Waterford.
• Accident and Emergency. Waterford General Hospital, Waterford.
• Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Experience
• Senior House Officer
• Beaumont Hospital, Dublin.
• Mr. B Kneafsey, Mr. C Beirne. July 2000- June 2001.
• Plastic Registrar Saint Vincents Hospital, Dublin. Mr T O’Reilly, Mr S Carroll. July 2002- June 2003.
• Plastic Registrar (SPR) Irish National Training Programme. The Mater Misercordiae Hospital, Dublin. and Temple Street Hospital, Dublin.
Mr D Lawlor, Mr M Earley, Mr K Cronin. (Jan 2005- June 2005)
Plastic Registrar (SPR) Irish National Training Programme.Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork. Mr M O’Shaughnessy, Mr ST O’Sullivan, Mr E O’Broin.(July 2005- June 2006)
• Plastic Registrar (SPR) Irish National Trainning Programme.
The Mater Misercordiae Hospital, Dublin and Temple Street Hospital, Dublin. Mr D Lawlor, Mr M Earley, Mr K Cronin.(July 2006- Dec 2006)
• Plastic Registrar (SPR) Irish National Trainning Programme. Saint James Hospital, Dublin. Dr P Eadie, Mr D Lawlor, Ms M O’Donnell, Mr D Orr, Mr E Beausang, Mr D O’Donovan.(Jan 2007- June 2007)
• Plastic Surgical Fellow – Aesthetic Surgery
The McIndoe Surgical Unit, East Grinstead, London.
Mr P Arnstein, Mr N Parkhouse, Mr J Pereira, Mr TC Teo, Mr C Nduka. (Oct 2007- Dec 2007)
• Plastic Surgery Fellow – Hand and Microsurgery Fellow
Royal North Shore Hospital Sydney Australia.
Professor M Tonkin, Mr A Beard, Dr C Gschwind, Mr R Lawson, Mr M Hile, Mr D Ryan. (Jan 2008- June 2008)
• Full time Laboratory Research.
July 2001-June 2002. Beaumont Hospital,
• Higher Degree (MCh). Professor D Bouchier-Hayes
Baltimore, Maryland, USA Professor A Barbul.
UPMC Sports Surgery Clinic
• Clinical Hand Fellowship Award.
• Nagor Aesthetic Fellowship Award.
• Developed and directed the first Anatomical Hand Dissection Course in Ireland, later teaching at subsequence courses.
• Emergency Management Severe Burns. Course Instructor, British Burns Association.
• Diploma of Health Management for Doctors, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
• Master of Surgery, MCh researching Diabetic Wound Healing, presented at the American Association for Academic Surgery, Annual Conference.
• Phil Vizzard Research Grant.
• Smith and Nephew Medical Ltd Research Grant.