Mr O’Flanagan is continuing to accept new patient and review patient referrals and will continue to run clinics from his rooms with appropriate safety and social distancing measures in place.
Office Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Mr. Shea O’Flanagan is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in knee and upper limb surgery. He trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Ireland, England, Hong Kong and Sweden. He has a wide experience in treating sports related injuries, degenerative conditions, post-traumatic conditions of the knee and upper limbs. His sub-special areas of interest include:
- Shoulder Surgery: rotator cuff surgery including repair, the treatment of frozen shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Hand Surgery: Carpal tunnel surgery including endoscopic carpal tunnel release, surgery for Dupuytren’s disease
- Upper limb tendonitis
- Knee surgery: He deals with meniscal tears including meniscal repair and total knee replacement.
- Graduated from Trinity College Dublin.
- Orthopaedic Surgical Higher training programme.
- Hold Fellowship in RSCI and College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in Orthopaedics
- Masters in Science Degree from the University College London (UCL)
- Hold Fellowship in Hand Surgery in Hong Kong.
- Hold Orthopaedic Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction in Malmo Sweden.
- Is a Fellow of the Faculty of Sports Exercise Medicine RCSI/RCPI.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Sports Surgery Clinic
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Bon Secours Hospital Dublin
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital
- Past Secretary of Insitute of Orthopaedics in Ireland
- Past Iinspector of Orthopaedic Training Posts & member of Specialist Advisory Comittee (SAC) IN ORTHOPAEDICS
- Fellow of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine in Ireland
- Past Chairman of Medical Board, Connolly Hospital