Treatment and management of acute chronic sports injuries, musculoskeletal injuries, Groin & tendon injuries
• Dean of the Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine RCPI & RCSI from November 2008 to November 2011. A Faculty board member since 2006 and has chaired a number of Faculty committees such as the Accreditation, MSK moodle and examination committees.
• Past member of the Medical Scientific & Welfare Committee of the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) and Chairman of the Gaelic Games Doctor’s Association. He was involved in the GAA pilot study on cardiac screening of the athlete.
• Medical Director of the Cavan County Board GAA.
• Team doctor with the Cavan Senior and Under 21’s GAA teams and set up the medical care and treatment protocols for all teams involved in the Cavan County setup.
• Team doctor with the Ulster Railway cup team from 2001 to 2006.
• Trainer on the new Sports Immediate Care course, which has been developed to deal with acute care of the injured athlete.
• On the Irish Health Foundation Subcommittee on Sudden Cardiac death in Sport and is a member of the Ankylosing Spondylitis Awareness Council of Ireland.